Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Image Transfers

Some exciting new products to try!Transfer Gel from Homestead house
 
 
First I used some milk paint to freshen up this stool!

I had printed a couple of different graphics in "reverse" off of http://thegraphicsfairy.com/ in preparation of  testing out the transfer gel

For the Seahorse I decided to transfer him on a shingle left over from our roof! After applying the Transfer gel to the shingle I placed the printed paper image side down on to the shingle.   I then rubbed it to  make sure there weren't any air bubbles 

Then set the shingle aside to dry!
 
 
It is hard to see in this picture but if you look closely you can see the reversed image on the stool
  To Apply the transfer gel I just used a paint brush and covered the entire area of where the image was being placed. And then again rubbing the paper to make sure there were no air bubbles!  The hardest part of this process is the drying time! 6-12 hours! I of course started to pick before the recommended time was up! Don't rush it! I noticed I was loosing a lot of the details in the label.  I had to force my self to leave the shop and let it set over night.

 The next morning when I came back I dampened the paper with a wet paper towel and started to remove the paper to reveal the transfer!
I found when I was able to get the paper to roll like this, it exposed the transfer with minimal ink coming off!  The harder you press the more you smudge!

I occasionally would add a little more water to keep the paper moist so it would continue peeling off!

 

 I then used a sanding block and ever so gently sanded some of the paper back.  This also helped add a little distressing! When most of the paper was removed I sealed both transfers as well as the milk paint with Miss Mustard Seed Hemp oil!
 

 All in all I am very Happy with this product and can't wait to use it on other projects! I just have to make myself Walk Away and give it the time it needs to dry!!
So Fun!

                                                                                                                                                                             I think the shingles will make cute outdoor hangings for the summer!



thegraphicsfairy.com

2 comments:

  1. So fun, Tammy! Those would be so cute outside this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love this!!! SO cute! as is everything you do!

    ReplyDelete